Kratom vs. CBD: Know the Difference
- On July 8, 2022
Apart from being botanical products, kratom and CBD do not share many things in common. The cannabis extract, CBD, had maintained its popularity as a natural pain reliever before sharing the spot with kratom in recent years. These products have been in the market for a while, with most consumers using them to relieve their bodies from conditions like chronic pain and anxiety.
Even though these products can serve the same purpose, there are usually more differences. Check out this comparison of kratom vs. CBD to learn more.
What Is Kratom?
Kratom is a botanical product whose origin is in Southeast Asia in countries such as Thailand, Bali, Vietnam, Indonesia, and Malaysia. It is scientifically known as Mitragyna speciosa. Genus Mitragyna and its family is Rubiaceae, which it shares with plants such as coffee. It can therefore be used as a stimulant in specified amounts.
Globally it is used to relieve pain, supplement the diet, and as an energy booster. Kratom is a natural source of opioids. Its products can be grounded, dried, sold in capsules, or taken raw. Its leaves can also be boiled to extract tea.
What Is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a cannabinoid extracted from the cannabis plant. It is second after tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) as the most important cannabinoid. Unlike THC, CBD does not alter the psychotropic effect of the mind when consumed. After extraction of CBD, which is in the form of oil, it is converted into edibles, tinctures, and capsules before being sold on the market.
Benefits of Kratom and CBD
Both kratom and CBD have some benefits. For instance;
- Kratom: It is effective in relieving chronic pain. It works as a stimulant when taken in lower doses, while it relieves acute pain in higher doses. Also, a compound found in kratom called mitragynine can be used to reduce opioid addiction, hence an antidepressant.
- CBD: With its interaction with the endocannabinoid receptors in the body, it can be used to reduce seizures. A CBD drug called Epidiolex is now used to control a rare type of epilepsy. CBD also has an anti-anxiety composition, which helps to manage trauma. It is taken in higher doses to induce sleep, hence a sedative.
Kratom vs. CBD: Discover the Difference
These aspects will help you discover the difference between kratom and CBD.
- Anxiety and Depression: Kratom is an antidepressant only in higher doses as they activate opioid receptors, which causes the release of dopamine from the brain, a short process lived, while CBD works to get rid of neuroinflammation that causes depression, a method for long-term effect. For anxiety, kratom can only help you with mild anxiety when taken in higher doses, while CBD is one of the best natural supplements.
- Sleep: Higher doses of kratom can help you achieve a comfortable sleep, but too much of it causes discomfort called kratom wobble. It can be a sedative and stimulant at the same time. As for CBD, lower and higher doses can assist you in achieving peaceful rest and induce sleep consecutively.
- Pain: Kratom blocks pain from reaching the brain, while CBD only reduces the intensity of the pain.
- Immune Support: Stimulation of the immune system is direct for kratom, while CBD has to regulate the endocannabinoid system, which controls the immune system.
- Focus and Concentration: Kratom directly stimulates the energy receptors, while the CBD effect is indirect as it reduces stress and anxiety, and focus and concentration improve.
Purchase Tested & Reliable Kratom at Buy Kratom Extracts
At Buy Kratom Extracts, we offer the highest quality of kratom that has undergone safety checks. We sell kratom in the form of powder, liquid, and capsules – all effective in relieving pain, giving you restful sleep, and reducing stress.
Image Source: Wassana Panapute / Shutterstock